Boys, boys, boys!

This week I realized just how many boys I have in my morning class.  Of the 22 kids in my morning class, 14 of them are boys.  I am not sure how it all worked out, but I am blessed with tons of boys in my morning class.  They are kind of crazy sometimes and they need lots of reminding to sit quietly and to not use pretend guns at school.  They are OBSESSED!

Despite this...things are progressing.  I have given most of the kids our assessment for parent teacher conferences and they have done so well.  Most of them have picked up their letters and sounds in the five weeks we have been together.  So awesome!  I am already counting down the days to our first break; maybe this year I will actually get a break, instead of working on all my extra projects.

Big things this week for me consisted of hiking Squaw Peak.  It is the second time this year that I have hiked it. The first time I hiked this year I ended up ripping something in both my legs.  I am happy to report that I feel great and I am not too sore.  I even got to run down...so...much...fun!

Thanks to my sister-in-law, I was able to attend the General Relief Society meeting at the Conference Center.  It was a little crazy getting in, because of all the constructions, but we weren't the only ones that had trouble.  Most of the women showed up about a quarter till six.  They were still seating people ten minutes after the meeting began.  I felt that it was a wonderful meeting and I came away with several things that I need to work on.

That's all from me...hope you are enjoying the first days of fall.

Comments