Spiderman....spiderman...

This weeks title is brought to you by one of my students. They are all still very calm, but the honeymoon period is coming to an end. I can't wait until their real personalities start emerging!

Case and point. A student was waiting for their mom to come and pick them up. We have been working on waiting until the car is stopped before running out to meet them and this is why. I luckily was standing next to them to remind them to wait and as soon as the car stopped they ran out and literally jumped onto the hood of the car and did a Spiderman pose. I thought to myself, "Wow, if only I had sweet moves like that...wait...it's a good thing I was standing here or that could have ended very differently." I don't have anyone that is really silly/funny, or at least their true selves have yet to show.

I have been very pleased with the progress that has been made in the class in the seven days that we have been together. I think we will be able to go places with these kids, which is exciting for me as a teacher. I have agreed to do what is called Double Dose for the afternoon kids. It is thirty minutes of math and reading help for those that need it. It is an exciting opportunity, but I am a little worried that I will get sucked in and spend more time than I need to preparing. I am sure everything will work out great.

In other education news, I decided to take the GRE. And by that I mean I have paid the incredible amount of money to take a four hour test and begin a masters program. I didn't think I would be going back to school this soon, but here we are.

My sad story of the week is as follows. We had a ward activity scheduled for this Friday at the Bishop's house. It rained and they decided to cancel. Only I work in Pleasant Grove and was planning on going there right after work. So, I waited and left at the right time and braved Friday, construction, rush hour traffic to get to Lehi only to find out that it was canceled and moved to the ward building in Provo. So, I ended up being an hour late and sad that no one told me it was canceled.

My happy story of the week was being able to go to a birthday party where a bunch of little girls were dressed up as Princesses and then a real Princess showed up and the girls were so cute and loved her.

Well...onto next week.

Comments