Week one...check!

I have officially made it through the first week of school. I always forget how much I dislike the first week of school. Not because of the children, but there is so much work to be done and deadlines. The most stressful moment of my week happened at 8:55 Friday morning. We realized that test scores were due to the district that day. I have two classes to do and I wouldn't be able to get to it until after school, can you say pressure. Most of you know that I do not wait until the last minute to do things for this very reason. I do not like feeling pressure. So, Friday was a late, late day at school. Bummer!

Besides that the kids are really good. I have already had two move in to my morning class. So I have 23 in my morning and 22 in my afternoon. I have some real characters. I have some stories to share. Story one is about a little hispanic boy. He doesn't speak any English and has the most amazing long, thick black hair that he loves. He has lots of energy and so I try to keep an eye on him because some kids can't handle his kind of energy. I watched him run at recess and noticed while he runs that he purposely shakes his head so that his hair swirls and swishes in his face. So funny!

I have some bashful students in my class as well that are SO CUTE! I like to use a sock puppet named Sego at the beginning of the year to help introduce how we handle and treat the books. Sego came to visit and she is loud and southern. I would put her in front of them to talk to them and they would hide behind their hands and be so shy. It was so adorable.

I have some great parents this year. I think I have just been blessed with good parents every year that are content to help their child progress and to help me. I have yet to have a parent that scares me, which is a good thing, because so parents are terrifying.

My week revolved around school and I haven't done much else except try to catch up and get ahead. I am going to try to finish things for my class early on Monday so I can have a little bit of break. Other than that the school year has begun, as well as, my school routine.

Comments