You know when the honeymoon is over when...

This week officially ended the honeymooning period of my school year.  They are all completely comfortable with one another and are super chatty.  Everything we have talked about so far this year is almost out the window.  On most days this week we I felt like a broken record repeating myself a million times reminding the kids how it sounds when we do different activities and to not touch their neighbor.  On the plus side, I remember being a lot more frustrated last year with the kids, but this year I know what to expect and that in about 20 more days they will chill out and things will improve.

Despite all of this, I have been please with how well they are picking up the routines and really general progress.  It is always fun to see the light come on and to see them make other connections.  I have made some personal goals this year, especially with my literacy teaching, that will help me help them better.  The first grade is picking up some things that I lacked last year, so I am going to try to fix it.

I officially started to study for the GRE.  There are some sections that I a worried about, because I haven't even thought about certain subjects in years.  It's a good thing I live in a college town surrounded by individuals that are majoring in some of the areas, so I can ask lots of questions.  I have come to the conclusion that I am going to do my best, and if my best isn't good enough to get into BYU then there are other options.

This week was really a week for reunions.  I met up with three different friends, two of which recently returned from serving a mission.  It is so nice to catch up with people and to remember why you liked them in the first place.

I fear my life is much less interesting with school starting up.  I am planning on hiking Squaw Peak again before the weather turns really bad.  Hopefully, that will happen next week.

Comments