Another first!

Today I attended Mass.  A roommate is taking and world religions class at BYU and part of her requirement is attending a service of another faith.  I have never been to any other service besides that of my own.  It was interesting to see how other people worship and to see them in action.  It is very different from what I am used to and I have to say that I have grown to appreciate my faith and those that investigate the church.

This weekend is also Stake Conference, hence the ability to attend morning Mass.  We meet in a building on campus, but was delayed a half an hour due to technical difficulties.  We had no microphone system.  The Stake President finally decided to get the meeting started, so he came off the podium and started shouting his talk (we were in the gym).  I was grateful to have gotten their early, so we were up close and had no problems.  I loved a comment my roommate made about attending the Saturday session.  "I love the fact that it isn't a question of are we going; we just go."  I do have amazing roommates and I am grateful for their example.

School was a little hard this week.  I had to put on my mean boots more than I like.  We just got back from Fall break and any time we come back from a break the kids tend to forget what we have learned behavior wise.  It isn't how I like to be, but I have learned in the past, that sometimes you  have to come down a little more forcefully, so they understand that they must follow the rules.  Once they know how to play in the bounds that I have set then I can be more like myself.  I am hoping that this coming week will be better and that things will be back to normal.  On the up side, I was so pleased this week with how the kids are doing.  We are really starting to pick up our learning pace.  We have started teaching site words and writing sentences and it is so amazing to see how their little brains are sponges and just pick things up so fast.  I wish I was like that...I'm not sure I have ever been like that even when I was a kid.

This week in particular, I wished that I could step out of time and be a silent observer.  I have been able to do a little interacting with my kids from last year.  It is fun to talk with them after school or to wave at them in the hall and to see what they have learned in school that day.  I just can't believe how big them have gotten.  They were so small when they came to me, but now they are bigger and more confident and SMART!

Monday is Halloween.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  I have been so excited for this, because I am going to dress up.  Last year I dressed up as a Greek and this year it is a princess.  I have the works and I am excited to see the reaction of the kids.  I haven't told them what I am going to be.  I am curious to see what they will say.  It will either be lots of fun or a really bad idea, because my dress is a full skirt and yes...it is a twirlsy dress.

I think that is about all from me.  I will try to post pictures of the costume!  Have a Happy Halloween!

Comments