Fall in Provo!

We were blessed to have great weather this week.  The kids had lots of energy they needed to get rid of so, it was nice to send them outside where they couldn't destroy anything (not that anything has been destroyed).  We are getting into the fun part of the school year where we see lots of progress.  I always enjoy seeing how they learn and make jumps in their knowledge.  Oh, to have their little brains!

The GRE is slow and steady (maybe not so steady).  I finished up the math section, which was a little depressing.  I frequently had feelings that I was back in school.  Those are days I do not miss.  I am told that the more practice tests I take the better I will be, so that is my plan from now until I take the exam.

I was able to help out at the Rocky Mountain BYU Marching Band Invitational.  Both of my roommates are in the marching band at BYU and one of them was in charge of it.  I was what they called a judge runner.  They flew in judges to judge the schools that choose to come and play.  They would put their scores down and then I would run them up to the booth to be calculated.  It was fun to listen to their comments, but I also had great seats and was able to watch some really good bands.  I learned that all bands are definitely not created equally!

I also went up into the canyon hiking to enjoy some of the Fall colors and it was amazing.  Everything is so pretty in the Fall.  I was able to collect lots of leaves for my class project on Monday.  It should be lots of fun.  I wish that I could take the kids up into the mountains and show them first hand.

Next week will be a good week.  We have a short week in school and one of those days is a field trip.  I am excited for some time off and I think this year I am actually going to get some time off instead of working.  The parents are going to come up for a short visit so that will be fun as well.  That's all from me...until next time.

Comments