General Conference Weekend!

I made specific goals this week not to have school work over the weekend, so that I could enjoy conference.  I think I deserve a big check for this goal, because I have managed to do very little school work.  It was touch and go a bit, because I am also preparing for SEP (a.k.a parent teacher conference) this coming week.  We do ours after school for two days.  I have the unfortunate task of getting through 45 sets of parents.  I love talking with them and getting to know them better, but it sure makes for some long days.  I am hoping that I have prepared enough that I won't have to stay too late on conference days.

The kids are doing well.  I have been assessing to see how far they have come with their letters and sounds and so many of them have passed all of them off, when they started with so little.  It is always amazing to me to see their little minds pick things up so fast.  I am excited to see where I will be able to get them this year.

General Conference is officially over and I am kind of sad.  It was so good to hear all the wonderful messages that have brought a lot of comfort and hope.  I never would have thought that I would enjoy conference so much, but I think the older I get the more their words mean to me and the messages they have help answer questions that I have.

My funny story of the week, that confirmed to me once again why I should not pull pranks.  I should only nudge people to do them.  Some friends in the ward wanted to prank another apartment.  They needed some help to do this, because they wanted to web their front room with yarn and they only had two hours to do it during the Priesthood session of conference.  We thought we were doing awesome because they left their front door unlocked, so it was so easy to get in.  About an hour into it someone walked into the apartment.  They had come home early from the meeting and we were caught in the act.  It was rather humorous, because we all stopped and looked at each other.  He finally asked, "What are you doing?"  Response, "Nothing. Don't worry about it.  Just go to the back and take a nap."  Fun times!

Comments