I was lost, but now I am found!

It was a great week.  We had a short week at school due to Fall break.  Monday and Tuesday were teaching days and Wednesday was a field trip to a place called Hee Haw Farms.  It has a corn maze, tractor rides, and other fun activities for the kids.  They always love going and it is a lot of fun for me.  Not to mention the fact that I got the rest of the afternoon to myself to work on things.  All of my kids come in the morning, so I had 45 little ones together.  It makes for some loud times.  They listened and followed instructions well, so it wasn't that stressful.  Because of the extra time, I was able to leave earlier than expected.  To make things even better, I only brought home a little bit of school work.  I may stay late at work still, but I am getting so good at not bringing home work with me.

Thursday, Carolyn and I went up to the Salt Lake Temple and did a live endowment session.  It was a lot of fun and it puts a different perspective on things.  Friday was a good day filled with getting ready for the "surprise" birthday party for mom.  Saturday, started off at the temple again.  When we go home it was time for the family to come in.  We went to lunch first and then waited a bit for the cousins to come in and then we had cake.  Erin and I spent some sister time together.  I made her watch Mega Mind.  All I have to say is..."Fist pump!"

Sunday, I woke up early to take Erin to the airport.  We made great time in getting there, with no problems.  There aren't a lot of people on the roads at 6:30 in the morning.  Coming back was an adventure, hence the title of today's post.

I always have trouble getting to and from the airport.  I don't know how many times I have driven it, but I always have trouble.  So, I was really watching out, because I know it is a problem.  I discovered/rediscovered that my stress, tension, and confusion levels are directly proportional to the number of orange cones, blinking arrows, and detour signs on the road...and there where lots.  Let's just say that Whitney took a wrong turn.  About the time that I hit Magna, I figured I needed to ask for directions and so I stopped at a gas station and the lady said that I was on the right track and that I needed to get back on the road that I was on.  I failed to hear the part about turning right instead of left, but I didn't figure it out until I saw a sign for I-80 West and I figured that I was still going the wrong way.  My suspicions were confirmed when I saw the early morning lights reflecting off a large body of water and I thought to myself, "Hmmm...water.  What the...that's the Great Salt Lake.  I need to call someone.  I am so lost."  I called mom who, once again confirmed that I was lost and going in the wrong direction.  She sent me to someone else and finally I got turned around and headed in the right direction.  I got back to where I needed to be and made it home safely.  I ended up taking almost an hour loop detour.  I guess next time I will know better.

In other news, our ward has a new Bishop who seems really nice.  And I am posting some pictures from the Alpine Loop adventure last Sunday.




Comments