Who knew a five year old cared so much!

This is what I heard from a table, while they were working on an activity.  "Hey you guys, Twilight and New Moon are pretty good shows."  A couple of minutes later.  "I also love to watch the Broncos, they are my favorite team."  They proceeded to name several more of their favorite teams.  I just started to laugh, because I never would have thought I would have heard that stuff coming from a five year old.

It was an incredibly busy week.  I had three days where I was up at five in the morning.  Part of the reason for it is, SEP conferences.  Also know as parent teacher conferences.  It is always crazy for me, because I have so many kids to get through.  I was back to back for three and a half hours straight, two days in a row.  I was very happy that my voice did not give out on me.  I think that they went well.  I didn't have any mad parents, they all seemed very chill and nice.  I again wished that I could speak Spanish, because I had so many parents that I needed to talk to and I wished that I could convey my words in their language.  Thank goodness for interpreters.

Surprisingly, I left work at about 5:30 on Friday, which is amazing because I lost so much of my normal prep time due to conferences.  I went ice skating with a friend and it was a lot of fun.  I really wished that I had Brian there to teach me how to stop; it wasn't working out so well for me.  I am happy to say that I didn't fall and I was able to watch some a hockey game, which I had never seen before.  BYU was playing at the rink and we watched them go at it, literally.  It's no wonder they have to wear so much padding, because all they did was smash each other into the side and trip each other.  We were right by the goalie and several times we saw up close and personal faces being smashed into the wall, it was funny to watch their faces.

Saturday, I was able to watch the nieces.  It was fun to play with them for a while, but I felt much like I do when I send the kids home at school, "Wow, I'm tired."  Oh, to have the energy of a young person again.  I was also able to make it to the math section in my GRE study manual.  My goal is to get through that section this week and then start taking practice tests so that I know where I need to go back and study.  I am thinking I will have more luck studying this week, because I am planning for a three day week at school in two weeks and one of those days is a field trip.  Super. Excited.

That's all from me.  Until next Sunday.

Comments

Parental Units said…
Having watched Brian learn to skate I know that there are 2 ways that you can stop; #1 fall down
#2 hit the wall. There you have it.