Best idea ever!

Halloween was a success!  I figured my princess costume would either be a really good idea or a really bad idea.  Thank goodness it was the first.  The kids loved it.  The girls in particular really liked the dress.  It was fun to see the kids that I had last year and the older kids that I was able to get to know and their reaction.  All around it was the best!  I don't have any pictures, because all of them are with the kids and I don't post pictures of my kids (for safety).  In thinking about next year, I am not sure how I am going to top it.  So, if you have any ideas that would be awesome.

Surprisingly, the kids were very calm the next day.  I thought for sure they would be bouncing off the walls.  We did have some chatter about all the awesome candy, but overall they were great.  Really, this week they were some much better than last week.  I hate having to get on the kids about the rules, but I guess it's like being a parent...you set the boundaries and then spend the rest of your life trying to keep them within the bounds.  I am pretty sure I have said this before, but the kids are so smart.  I have done a lot of assessing this week, because of report cards and their progress in 45 days is AMAZING!  They are flying!  It is probably the best part of my job, to see the light go on and they finally get it.  I probably have at least 10 mini parties in my brain to celebrate their awesomeness.

I continue to study for the GRE.  My current status is still, "Getting my trash kicked," but I have come to the conclusion the I will get what I get and if it isn't good enough, then it was a growing experience...a rather painful one.  I have two weeks left of studying and then I will take the exam.

I had another "man I never thought I would enjoy this" experience this week.  I remember as a child having to rake the yard every fall and being sent out again, and again, and again to rake, because we didn't do a good enough job.  I was raking Holly's yard I was actually having fun.  It was especially great when I got to shake my fist at Mother Nature as I put the last of the leaves away as the wind kicked up and it started to rain.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature got the last laugh, because as the wind kicked up I watched more leaves fall from the trees and I thought to myself...bummer.

Saturday, was a good day.  I slept in, went shopping, made a special birthday dinner for a roommate, studied for the GRE, and got to clean up the kitchen with my music way too loud, and there was no one to complain.  It was a great day.

There isn't much happening this coming week.  I will have a couple more groups of first year kindergarten teachers coming in to watch me teach, but that is all.  Hope you have a safe and happy week.

Comments