One week to go!

It was quite the week, because of this I think I will post in bullet format.

Monday:  I taught all day and when I checked my phone I had a text from a member of the Bishopric to call him as soon as possible.  Yep...you guessed it.  I was asked to speak on Sunday on the Christmas Spirit.  It was totally unexpected, because in the past they have left Sunday School Teachers alone because they teach every couple of weeks.  Not the new bishopric.  I attended the Baroque Ensemble at the Orem Public Library.  It was  a lot of fun.  It was there that I found my focus for my talk...so thanks!

Tuesday:  I worked all day again and then went to institute and made some great progress on my talk.

Wednesday:  I decided to curl my hair a little bit, it's different from what I normally do (don't worry this has to do with a funny quote).  I get to school and my morning class was sitting on the carpet and one of the boys calls out and says, "Miss Kluber, your hair's all crazy!"  I had to laugh at that one.  By this time in the week I was starting to get really frustrated with the kids.  Christmas does funny things to them, like makes them bounce off the walls, talk nonstop, and generally forget everything behavior wise that I have taught them.  I am also going to make note of the fact that I was able to get a lot of done ahead, because I had to leave early on Friday.  It was a blessing also because I had a talk to prepare.  I was able to spend some time with an old roommate and we watched the movie The Help.  I loved the book and the movie stayed pretty true to the overall feel and story line.  The downside is that I didn't get to bed until after 12:00, which is much later than I usually go to bed.

Thursday:  This day started off sad.  I received a text at about 6:30 in the morning telling me that a friend passed away.  It was sad, but happy.  He had been fighting cancer since I was a senor in college.  Later in the evening I attended the funeral service for him.  It was really sad because his family didn't understand the plan of salvation and that they would have the chance to see him again, and that he was happy and in a better place.  It made me grateful for the knowledge that I have and that I will be able to be with my family forever.  A student also had a really funny moment.  I was super tired and I started talking in an accent to my kids in the afternoon.  They started giggling and then I called the name of a student (who has great facial expressions) and asked him a question and looked at me tilted his head, pursed his lips and raised his eyebrow at me like I was crazy.  I couldn't keep it in, so I started to laugh out loud.  It was just so funny.

Friday:  The day passed quickly and I made it out on time to watch the nieces.  We had great fun making mac and cheese.  I got them to try a couple of new things.  They really liked, well two of them, ants on a log, minus the ants.  I also made them some Italian bread and they really like it.  We finished up with some desert, but not before we cleaned everything up.  They were great helps.  I washed and they rinsed and dried the dishes.  We then got ready for bed, played a game, and watch Beauty and the Beast.  I really like watching movies with little kids, because they get into it.  There were some parts that were a little scary and the middle one turned to me with a horrified look on her face and said that she was scared.  She came and sat on my lap and I tried to cover her eyes so she couldn't see, but every time I did she would move my hands and watch it...even thought she was scared.  Go figure.  Perhaps my favorite part was at the very end when the Beast turned into a handsome prince and the youngest who doesn't really have a concept of personal space, had her arms around my neck and face right next to mine.  I don't mind and I am glad she did, because the effect was great.  So she is there, right, next to me and the Beast and Belle start kissing and she says in a soft whisper, "Dats her boyfiend."  It was so funny.  Shortly there after the girls went to bed and so did I, I ended up falling asleep until they go home.

Saturday:  It was filled with the normal stuff, but a small group of us went up to SLC to do a session at the Temple and to look at the lights.  It ended up being fun, especially since I was able to sleep all the way down and back.

Sunday:  My talk went well, but I realized that I needed to make more eye contact.  It is just so hard in that kind of setting.  After church I came home and we have been working in the kitchen for the past several hours working on lunch for the Bishopric, food for dinner group, and food for school next week.  I will end the evening with a ward fireside and call it a weekend.

I am posting some pictures of our Christmas Devotional and Tracks adventure as well as the ward formal.

Carolyn and Whitney getting the Tracks adventure started.

Carolyn, Katherin, Becky, Gwen, Me, Dan before the Christmas Devotional

 
The gang met some other people in our ward after the devotional.

Roommate picture time!

Waiting for Tracks and doing silly poses.

Me trying to stay warm.

Roommate picture before the formal.

My date and I.


Comments