**Sigh**

It ended up being a really long week.  All the teachers where feeling it.  I am not sure how it happens, but the more energy the kids have the less a teacher has.  Learning happened, just not at the normal pace.

The week began with the power going out.  It made me think of just how much we rely on power.  My whole classroom runs on power from the projector that I use all the time to the lights the kids need to use to see.  Surprisingly, they handled it well.  The lights went out about five minutes before school started and where off for about an hour and half.

As the week progress the kids got more excited and our schedule was a little more off each day.  We fit in carolers from the high school, two Christmas programs, and a class party for each class.  The school wide Christmas program was really interesting.  First of all it was an hour and half...way too long for kindergarteners and their teacher! :)  Right in the middle of the program...yep you guessed it...the power went out again.  Imagine, 500 students packed into the gym and the power going out.  No teacher, not even combined forces could yell over the noise.  Thank goodness the power was back on in 15 minutes this time.  I am pretty sure it was a principles worst nightmare.  After this I was talking with the principle and she said that she was surprised that when she went around to check on the classes how calm it was.  My suggestion...maybe we should have lights out hour.  One the kids would be calmer and two we would save on the electric bill.  I thought it was a great idea.

The class parties were so cute.  I am not sure I could be a room mom in charge of coming up with ideas, but I know that I will be able to help out.  I have some super creative and fun mom!

I ended the week with a trip to the airport to drop off a

Comments