First week back...and I'm still kickin'!

Monday was a day off for us because of the holiday.  So, we started school on Tuesday.  They kids were really good the first couple of days and then they started to get tired of school, because they are used to all the free time.  By Friday we were all ready for a break.  Some highlights for the school week were a sewer line breaking, the bell system going on the fritz, and the heater going out.  The sad, sad result of the heater going out is one of my classroom fish couldn't handle the cold over night and died.  Very sad.

Teaching was great and things were very quiet around the apartment.  I almost finished up both my graduate applications, which is a great relief.  I also had the chance to practice my domestic skills by hemming a pair of pants.  It's not often that I have the chance to do that.

Next week should be busy because I will be starting the big reading test and gearing up for parent teacher conference which is coming up at the end of the month.  Oh,  and I must share this...I learned what a Tim Tam is and I also discovered that this particular cookie is a seasonal cookie that is only made and sold in November and December...and now you know.

Hope all is well.

Comments