One more week!

I have decided that January is one of the busiest months as a teacher.  This month we will have two major assessments administered, one of which was one on one, parent teacher conferences, and for Title 1 schools we have to get started on collecting information to see if we qualify for our funding.  Then there is everything else that comes up that one has to take care of.  Thank goodness there is only one more week left in January.

This week was a lot of testing, but it was all made much better by the awesome parents that come in the classroom to help out.  I would be lost without them.  I think I have been really lucky as far as parent volunteers.  As well, I am working on getting things ready for parent teacher conference.  I am excited to meet with parents again.  Their kids have made so much progress in a few short months.  Most of these kids weren't reading when we last met, but they sure are now.

Monday was a holiday, so a large group of us went to do a hike.  It was a lot of fun and I was able to catch up on all the happenings of some that I haven't had the chance to talk with in a while.  I also discovered that I am not nearly as out of shape as I thought I was.  This weekend we wanted to go up in the mountains to have  a bonfire, but mother nature had other plans.  We ended up staying at the complex and doing s'mores over the stove and playing games.  I think it went quite well.

Next week will be busy with parent teacher conferences and the last of our testing.  Pray that the kids don't get thrown for a loop!

Comments