Sweet!

This week I began DRA testing, which is a really, really, big stressful test that teachers have to give.  Personally, I wish we didn't have to make such a big deal about it, but that's the way it is.  I have finished testing most of my kids, thanks to all the help from parents that come in, which aloud me to focus.  I have been really nicely surprised by the results.  I can already tell that I am doing a better job.  The kids are much further ahead this year, than where they were last year.  So, I am excited to see what first says next year about where they come in at the beginning of first grade.

January will continue to be a difficult month, because we have to finish the DRA testing, but we also have parent teacher conference.  I love meeting with parents, but there are a lot to get through (44 parents) and I only have ten minutes each.  I wish I had more time with them, but it's the way it is.  As well, at the end of this month we will begin a new test, NWEA.  We have never had a test like this in kindergarten; it's a standardized test on the computer.  It should be interesting to see how the kids do on it.  On the up side I have turned in applications for grad school.  That is a huge relief.

Socially this week, the roommates and I had a movie night.  We watched the new BBC production of Emma.  I highly recommend this movie.  It is probably the best version I have seen.  On Saturday, we had a ward activity that was actually fun and then a group of us went and got ice cream at Macey's and watched a Jason Bourne movie in honor of our spy themed ward activity.  Monday is a day off and I am not sure exactly what I will be doing.  I think there is a group that is going hiking and I may tag along with them, but we will have to see.

Happy MLK Day!

Comments