Great News!

I think the biggest thing of the week was deciding on grad school.  I have decided not to wait for BYU, but to accept Walden University, which is an online university.  I will be starting in June.  I decided to do this because I have been offered a couple of great opportunities within the District for the next year and half, that I would not be able to do if I was going back to BYU.  That is the biggest thing that happened this week.  Now all I need to do is figure out a credit card and I will be set. :)

This week we also celebrated the 100th day of school.  The kids were so excited for the 100th day of school.  I overheard another teacher say that they don't know the real reason for the 100th day...it's for teachers to celebrate the year almost being over.  It is funny to think the year is almost over.  I had a funny moment this week when I was walking the kids back to the classroom and realized that I only have a few more months with them, before I will be saying goodbye.  It was kind of a bittersweet moment.  I remember feeling the same way about my kids last year.  For at least I get to see most of them in the halls.

Also this week was another epic event.  Our apartment has spent the past month watching the whole Anne of Green Gables series, which is 12 hours long.  We watch 30 minutes a night.  We finished up last night with the Continuing Story.  I have to say I felt a great sense of relief as Anne and Gil finally were able to be together after what seem a billion years.  I wasn't sure it was going to ever happen, but everything finally worked out and everyone lived happily ever after.  I would recommend the movie to anyone, male or female.

We had some great talks in church today about service and remembering to love those we serve and as we serve our troubles will fall away.  I love how we always get reminders, because I forget things all the time and I need to be reminded of things that I have learned.  

Coming up this week is Valentine's Day.  Parties are always so much fun in Kindergarten.  Everything is new to the kids and so they get excited about everything.  It doesn't matter what it is...it is awesome to them.  We are also coming up on a long weekend as well.  I don't have any plans as of yet, hopefully enjoying some peace and quiet.

Happy Valentine's Day!


Comments

Meghann said…
What great opportunities do you have? I am glad things are working out for you!
Parental Units said…
Where are the guy comments! Dad