Where does the time go?

I had several instances this week were I had to step back, because I realized that the school year is almost over.  We are getting to the point where we are coming on "lasts."  It seems like yesterday that I was wishing that I had last years kids back because of all the progress they have made and the routine we were in.  I really have enjoyed stretching there minds.  I was talking with a first grade teacher who happens to have quite a few of my kids from last year and she told me that they said they wished they were back in my class, because it was easier.  I had to laugh at that because that is not what they told me when I had them.  It is interesting how easily we forget the hard times and think they were easy.  We block out the negative and the struggle that it took to get where we are.

You can also tell the school year is almost over because I have started on my summer list of things to do, when I have endless hours without kids around.  I think I am going to enjoy some of the projects that I have planned.  I hope they will be as successful as they look in my head.

The weeks always go by quickly.  This week was a short week because we had a day off on Monday.  To celebrate a group of us made breakfast and watched a cartoon.  I think that is a tradition that I will want to keep for a long time.  It may seem a little juvenile, but I am convinced that the best things happen in and around the kitchen.  The weather has been unseasonably warm again.  We did have a couple of cold days and a really, really windy day, but I went outside to recess in a jacket and I always have a coat.


Comments