Spring time and it's official!

We officially hit Spring and the weather hasn't disappointed.  The kids are loving it.  I just hope we don't revert back to snowy, cold weather.  Funny moment this week.  The kids have been running and lot more out at recess, so the get hot.  After recess on Friday, one of the kids said out loud, "I'm really hot."  I turned to respond and he has the most serious face on, but his hair is sticking up and it's three inches long.  He had been running his hands through his hair trying to cool off, but it ended up staying in the air.  Funniest thing ever, I couldn't contain myself. 

My week was filled with meetings.  I had a long literacy meeting on Tuesday, and I didn't get home until after 8.  Then on Thursday we had our parent meeting for the New Core.  We had heard that some schools had a low turn out and others had a huge turn-out with really negative parents.  We were very lucky, because we had six parents.  There were more educators than parents in attendance and they were very chill.  So no yelling!  My two student teachers started teaching this week.  It is funny to watch them in action, because at one time I was just like them.  I have really tried to get them to dive in, because they are interning in August and they have a ways to go if they are going to be successful.  Granted, experience is a great teacher, but I feel they need to show some things before I would be willing to let them teach.  The good thing is they are on time and keep up with their assignments and ask lots of questions, which is great!

We had a roommate night on Friday.  I made Chinese food and then we watched a movie.  I dedicated my Saturday to laundry and reading.  I finished one book and started the last Hunger Games book.  I figured that I need to finish up the series.

Carolyn and I went to the home coming of a former roommate.  It was so good to see her and catch up a little bit.  Currently, I just have one missionary to write, Brian.  It's kind of weird, because I was up to four people.  Carolyn's brother is leaving in a couple of weeks, and I will be able to start writing him.

That's about all for me.  I have another meeting next week, but nothing of interest or fun.

Comments