What is up with this weather...not that I'm complaining?

We have had some really nice weather this week.  So, nice...that my kids don't have to wear jackets outside at recess.  It was like Christmas for them.  Normally I make them put them back on, because they hate wearing them, even when it is windy and clearly coat weather.  Oh, children.  We enjoyed a calm week without testing or substitutes.  March and April are filled with meetings before, during, and after school. 

This week's meeting was a good one.  Allow me to explain.  We have a new core that we are adopting, which means we need to have lots of training as to what is being expected of us.  So, this week we met together at four and were going to have the meeting until 7.  The weather outside was cold and extremely windy and all of a sudden the power went out, which seems to be happening a lot recently.  We waited for a few minutes and when the power didn't come back on they dismissed us because they couldn't do the next potion without the projector; it was an hour early.  I have never been so grateful for societies dependance on technology.

The other highlight of the week was filming our Family Home Evening movie.  It is kind of a tradition in the BYU wards to have a film competition.  Our group got together on Saturday and did some of the filming, which was rather funny.  We are doing a spoof on Guy on a Buffalo.  If you aren't aware of what this is you need to look it up on youtube.com.  It's the kind of short series that is so goofy that it is really funny.  In one of the episodes the Guy on a Buffalo gets mauled by a cougar.  Well, we decided that our guy would get mauled by cougar, except not the animal.  And guess who got to maul the Guy on a Buffalo...yep...yours truly...ME!  It was really funny/fun.  I jumped over a railing to knock him on the ground.  I really think my acting career is starting to take off.  I have gone from a custodial training film to action.  I was born to be a star!

We have Stake Conference this weekend, which has been good.  We will have our last meeting later on today.  And that's it for me.

Comments

Parental Units said…
Ok, I want to see that movie. Were you wearing a byu shirt?