Kinder graduation!

It was quite the week.  It was the last full week of school and at the end of the week we had our kindergarten graduation.  The kids have been very crazy all week and are ready to leave for Summer break.  Quite frankly, so am I.  I have spent a lot of time cleaning out the classroom and having the kids help clean.  Last year I did all the manipulatives after school and I realized that it was crazy to do it by myself.  They spend all year coughing on them and putting them in their mouths, they should help clean them, so this year it has gone a lot quicker, because I have 84 hands helping me. 

I also rearranged my entire classroom, so the kids came in on Friday and couldn't believe it.  It was like Christmas.  The kids graduation was a lot of fun.  I have some really fun parents who get into things and just make it a fun time.  I had one little girl start crying.  It was really cute. 

Another really fun experience was we have been learning about insects and specifically ladybugs.  One day out at recess the kids discovered some bugs (they do this often) that ended up being the ladybug larva.  It was so much fun to see them light up and start making connections.

I ended the week with going to a soccer game that was a lot of fun.  I like it better than football, because I can follow the ball.  The only problem with it is that I get so focused on the ball that I don't see when calls are made and I get way excited because our team breaks away to make a goal and it doesn't count and I am the only one cheering.  It's kind of funny.

That's all from me.  Have a great Memorial Day!

Comments