My week in review

A lot has happened this week and I figure the best way to update you is to do a day by day update.  So here we go.

Monday:  I taught all day.  I also began testing for the literacy post assessment.  After school on Monday I had to leave much earlier than I normally do because I needed to renew by driver's license and the place closes at five.  I made it in time and I had everything that I needed to not be illegal. 

Tuesday:  I received a text from a clerk after teaching all day to see if I could meet with the Bishop.  It's the beginning of a new semester and that always means.  I showed up to the interview and was told that there was I slight mix up about my calling and they weren't ready to issue it right then, but I was briefly told was my new calling would be...maybe.  It seems like it will be fun; I was a little confused as to what I would be doing.  Oh, and I finished up my literacy testing and put it in the computer.  I also had two meetings after school.

Wednesday:  I began my math testing and completed half my kids in both classes.  The temple was also I my list of things to do, which was completed.

Thursday:  I finished up my math testing and entered it into the computer.  I also had another meeting after school for four hours.  It was really long. 

Friday:  I taught and then after school we had our school carnival and I volunteer to have whipped cream pies thrown in my face.  Totally worth it.  My face and hair was so sticky and the kids really enjoyed it.  Enter drama for the the weekend.  I drove home grabbed some dinner and then left it go run an errand.  I started the truck and backed out and then the truck died.  Duchess has been changeable recently so, I figure she was just having one of her moments.  I let the truck cool down and then I went to try to start it again.  No such luck.  At that time it was ten and I made the dreaded call to dad.  He told me what to do and so I set my alarm to get up early.

Saturday:  It came bright and early, so I could be ready at 8 in order to call the repair place.  I called the repair place set up an appointment and then called AAA.  They arrived and the guy took a look at the truck and said, "Let me try something."  He went to his truck and returned with a very large hammer.  He then said, "When I say go, I want you to try starting it."  He said go and I turned the key and he started banging on the truck.  It shocked me for a second, because he was banging really hard.  In the end the truck started.  Go figure.  He loaded the truck up and took it to the shop where the official diagnosis was a bummed fuel tank.  Unfortunately the estimate they gave to fix it was extremely high.  Dad ended up coming up with a gentleman in the ward to pick up the truck and take it south to the "Good Doctor." 

Sunday:  I taught Sunday School for possibly the last time.  It was a lot of fun.  Which takes us to this point in time where I sit on bench, next to Carolyn updating you about my life. 

Oh, and here are a couple of other things that happened.  I almost finished a blanket, made my first purchase with  MY credit card (the one that I won sushi over),  finished a book, and managed to chill with people two different times. 

The End

Comments