What a week!

Where to begin....

It was a crazy week with school.  It was the last week for DRA testing and we found some things that we needed to go back and fix.  Which made things really stressful, because we were down to the wire in needing to be done.  It all ended with the field trip...oh the blessed field trip.  I have decided that I don't like field trips they are just too stressful.

Here's the story.  It was crazy leaving, because I have 42 kids to get name tags on and get some of them up to the lunchroom to get their lunches and there were 15 parents that I needed to talk to.  We leave 30 minutes late, but we got up to the zoo in good time.  Then the real fun began.  So, apparently we told our parents to go to the wrong spot to park, because we thought one thing, but it really wasn't true.  The bus with all the kids was  at the opposite end of the zoo from the parents.  Then come to find out that some of our parents were charged the wrong amount.  There was no parking because of construction and the zoo was VERY busy.  We got all the parents going and then things went smoother.  But, I about had a heart attack.  Another teacher and I went and talked with guest services and figured out the charges and we were able to get refunds for the parents that were charged too much.  It was a real nightmare.  I am just grateful that we had such patient parents.

I was exhausted by the time we got back to school and so ready for the weekend.

I celebrated by mowing a lawn, going to Brick Oven, and watching The Avengers (not necessarily in that order).

Next week will bring  more testing, meetings, and practice for kinder's end of year performance.

And that is all!

Comments