The hot, hot days of Summer.

Here we go.  I feel my Summer officially began this week.  I didn't have any pressing meetings although I still ended up at school, but on the bright side I avoided most things school.  This week I began attending the Lord of the Rings movie night.  We watch one hour a night of the movies.  It took us a week to make it though the first movie and we are starting on the second one.  We should be done in about two weeks.  I went swimming on Monday, which was the first time this Summer.

Tuesday I had a lunch with some old roommates.  It is so weird to have roommates that have two kids.  It feels like yesterday we were all rooming together as Juniors in college.  We went up Provo canyon and had a picnic and then walked up to a cool waterfall.

Wednesday I had a meeting for me calling.  I think I am finally prepared to start.  I went and observed and learned the layout of the class.  I officially will begin the class the first Sunday in July (a.k.a. next week).

Thursday was a big day, because we did hiring at school.  We interviewed for three hours.  I just wanted to shake my head at some people.  I really wondered if they had graduated in education.  To make a long story short we narrowed it down to two and as of right now we have one teacher hired and another we are waiting to hear back from.  I am very excited to begin working with them.  I also went to a shaved ice shake and was reminded why I love Hawaii.

On Friday, I spent a large part of the day outside.  In the morning and afternoon, I spent time in the yard working.  Then I went swimming again.  This time I spent a good deal of time soaking in lots of positive, happy sunlight.  The roommates and I decided to cook Chinese food and watch a movie.  It was a great evening.

Saturday was an adventure day.  My roommates brother called and asked if I would like to volunteer at the Romney Leadership retreat.  He works on Ann Romney's advance team coordinating things.  So myself and a roommate traveled up to Park City and volunteered for the afternoon.  It was an interesting experience.  First we will start with how individuals were invited.  My understanding is that these individuals were large donors, meaning they donated 50,000 dollars or more to his campaign.  Yeah, I can't even imagine that much money.  I don't even make that much money in almost two years.  So this was the atmosphere I was working in.  These are the individuals that I saw: Mitt Romney, Ann Romney, Condoleezza Rice, and Dorthy Hamell.  I believe there other important people there because I heard the words senator and governor several times.  But, as I was informed by a woman there, I am not a political fanatic.

My job was to direct individuals to the Women's Tea party (and the bathroom, but they didn't tell me that one).  Ann Romney has organized a woman's organization that is focused on fundraising for the campaign.  Apparently, they have raised over 10 million, go figure.  As I was watching this I felt like I should be in a Jane Austin setting with a bunch of duchesses and Ladies.  They were sitting around munching on food, clapping, and congratulating themselves on how much money they raised.  Speaking of money, guess how much money you have to pay to be in this club...50,000.  And if you want to be state representative you have to raise 100,000 dollars, but wait, if you want to be a national representative...drum roll please...500,000 dollars.

Through all of this I learned that the 50,000 dollar a plate females are really very similar to the rest of us McDonald's females.  Here are my observations.

1.  Neither of us can walk properly in high heels.
2.  Both are socially awkward.
3.  For some reason there are no lines when it comes to nasty clothing styles that make you look like a hooker.
4.  We can both be proud and impetuous.
5.  And no mater how much money you have in your bank account a female will always have to use the restroom.

So, that was my Saturday adventure and the jist of my week.

P.S.  I don't have a problem with money or rich people.  :)

Comments