Math meeting check!

I spent my week once again in a meeting.  This time I was a listener...kind of.  By the end of day one I had decided that I needed to bring work to do.  So, for the next three days I was able to get a lot of things completed in preparation for the new year.  I felt bad about not paying attention, but not bad enough to stop working on other things.  I could have been the poster child for disengaged learner.  The meeting consumed my week, but on the plus side I made some new teacher friends that are so nice and FUNNY!

Friday I went into my classroom and put it all back together.  At the end of the year we have to move everything off the carpet so the custodians can do a deep clean in the classroom.  I went in and was able to move things back.  I went to ask for help moving the filing cabinets and I was paid a complement.  They said I was the only one thus far that they didn't have to go back and move things off the carpet.  In a nutshell, I was the only one that followed instructions. 

The only other thing of note is that I have actually had time to read.  I went to the library and checked out eight books.  In a week and a half I have finished five of them.  It has been delightful.  I don't have time during the school year to read, so I usually make a list and when summer rolls around I work through my list.

This next week we will be hiring the new teachers for kindergarten, which means we should be able to start working together and planning everything for this next year.

Comments