Schools out for Summer!

It is a great feeling to be done with school for the year, well for this school year.  It was an exciting week.  I think I will just do a day by day update.

Monday:  It was a holiday, so I didn't have to work.  It is always nice to have some time off and relax.  I went to a barbeque up in the mountains.  It was fun...even though I only knew a couple of people there.  There wasn't much preparation that needed to happen for school, because you really don't teach the last week of school.

Tuesday:  The last week of school all of my kids come in the morning.  So it is three hours of madness.  Actually this year it wasn't too bad.  I think I was better prepared this year.  The reason for having all the kids come together is because we have dance festival practice and then the dance festival.  So, Tuesday we had the practice and then we had our field day.  We had an amazing turnout for parents to come and help.  It ended up be a really fun time and I have a very nice burn/tan.

I also had a meeting after work concerning my new calling.  I can't remember if I updated you on my new calling.  After two and a half years as a Sunday School teacher I was released and given a new teaching assignment.  It is a little hard to explain, but the church has  Employment Services that held individuals find jobs and scholarships.  They have a career workshop that they teach there and that is what I will be doing, except it is within the ward.  My bishop heads the committee that organized this program a decade ago and he thinks this would be something that would be effective on a ward level.  So, my job is to learn everything I can, which means attending church trainings and then we will adapt it to work within the ward.  It is kind of daunting, but it seems like it will be fun.  Any who...I had a two hour meeting with a gentleman.  It was a little intense, because I sat across from him and he talked for two hours and I just took it all in.

Wednesday:  We had the actual dance festival.  The kids did a great job.  We were a little unsure from the practice the day before if they would be able to perform, but they did great.  I had the entire afternoon to myself, so I worked on my list of things to do, because the Summer will be so busy.  We will have two new kinder teachers and so the responsibility falls to me to make sure they have ready to go for the new year.  We haven't hired anyone yet, but as soon as we do it will be a race to get everything done so they are ready to go.

Thursday:  This was the blessed last day of school.  The kids were only there for an hour and half.  After they left we had lunch and then I finished up the PE closet, which has been on my list of things to do for the past several months.  After that I came home and was home by three.  That never happens and I just had time to myself.

Friday:  We had to set up our classroom for the seminar that we will be teaching next week.  We meaning I have a co-teacher that will be teaching with me.  This meeting is to train the other kinder teachers on the new core and how to implement all the new "things" in their classrooms next year.  That only took till noon and then I had some free time.  Carolyn and I decided to celebrate, so we used some of my awesome coupons from my students and went out to dinner and a movie.  It was great fun.

Saturday:  It was much warmer this week mowing.  Last week it was raining and I was in shorts and a t-shirt.  That took a while, but on the up side I found out how to get library books on my new Kindle, so I started reading a book on my Kindle.  It is a very different experience.

Sunday:  Well, church has happened and that is about all.

Perhaps I will have some fun stories to share next week from teaching.  Perhaps not...I guess it depends on the teachers.

Comments