July 4th!

It was an adventurous week.  Monday after FHE I went mini golfing.  I think I am getting a little better.  I didn't get frustrated this time and just put the ball in the whole.  Tuesday I went to Seven Peaks, which is a water park.  It was a lot of fun.  There were several slides that just stop your heart.  It is literally a straight drop down.  On one of them there was a time where I was not touching the slide and I wondered if I was going to fly off.  On another, it was a little tricky to get going and from previous experience I did not want to get any air.  I should have taken it a little faster, because I ended up stopping on the edge looking all the way down.  Not smart!

On Wednesday, I celebrated the 4th with a roommate, Katherine, Carolyn left me for a two week vacation with her family.  We woke up early to see the balloons, but missed them.  So, we decided to just watch the parade.  People in the area are serious about their Freedom Festival Parade.  They were camping out the night before.  Many of them were roping off areas and putting out blankets.  It made things a little difficult for the rest of us sane people who like sleeping in our bed, when we couldn't get a spot, even if no one was sitting on the blankets or chairs.  It was still fun and there were some really cool floats.  We then had a ward BBQ with good food.  A small group of us went to watch the fireworks show, which was fun.  There were some really pretty ones this year.

The rest of the week was filled with studying and not working.  I was so proud of myself.  Usually I work on school work even if I don't really need to and I succeeded in not working at all.  Just a nice peaceful weekend of studying.  I really enjoy my masters class.  I think the things we are discussing are very applicable and I have learned so much and have decided to change things already, and we are only on week three.  I am excited for the rest of the classes.

I taught my second lesson in the Career Workshop class.  I have a lot of fun with it.  Some individuals I think are benefiting from it.  Others I am not so sure.  I wish that I could just open up my brain and show them just how important all the things I am teaching are for them to really understand.  I have fun with it, it is a very relax setting were it is okay to joke.

All that is left for me to do this week is cook for dinner group and I will have had successful week!

Hope you had a great 4th and enjoyed your freedoms!

Comments