The Summer is almost at an end!

I realized this week...Summer is almost over.  It has gone by way too fast.  I am not sure if I have even had one.  Oh well.  I guess I should consider myself lucky, because most employed individuals don't get a break like I do.

The parents came into town on Monday, so I spent the evening with them and my brother's family.  Monday also began our hardcore week of collaboration.

Tuesday was work all day and institute in the evening...nothing of note.  Wednesday though was good.  After collaboration, I went up in the mountains a ways and meditated with a group.  Now before you judge, it wasn't yoga or anything super hippie.  It was sitting by yourself quietly and thinking.  I learned three things.  If I get too comfortable I fall asleep, I am not good at focusing and thinking about one thing, and I prefer small town to big cities, because you can see the stars.

Thursday was a Relief Society fireside based off of the book "Daughters in My Kingdom."  It was very well done and I really enjoyed it.  Friday was mowing, but it almost didn't happen because it was raining off and on.  I was able to finish it, just before the biggest of the storms.

Saturday was a fun filled day.  I woke up early and went to the temple to finish up some family names.  Right after I got back I went to a stake kickball tournament.  I really don't like playing with guys because they always catch the balls.  So, I didn't make it on base, but I did get one personal out.  After we got back, Katherine and I went to see the movie Brave.  I love her red hair, it is amazing.  Their accents were really cool as well.  I also finished my reading for next week in my master's class, went shopping, running, and finished my day with an adventure up to the music library where my roommate works.  I love going to parts of campus that no one ever sees.  On this adventure, I discovered a tunnel in the Fine Arts building where large truck can and do drive through.  So cool!

Any who.  That's it from me.  Have a great week!

Comments