Testing!

This week was filled with testing.  It is always so interesting to see the kids for the first time and see just how far they will come in a few short months.  We have our work cut out for us this year.  The new teachers are almost ready.  Well...as ready as they can be for the first day.  It takes me back to my first day of kindergarten.  There is so much you just have to learn through trial and error.  I feel they are going to do great.  After testing we assigned kids to classes. I always forget that, assigning kids is my least favorite part of kindergarten.  It is stressful trying to make sure the kids are evenly divided and happy.  Hopefully, there won't be too much switching on Monday. 

This week I went to a soccer game in Salt Lake.  I have officially decided that I like soccer more than football.  Here are the reasons:

-It is shorter.
-The players are more spread out.
-It is easier to follow the ball.
-There are fewer rules and things to be confused over (I am not actually sure of this, but that is how I feel).

I ended up getting home late, which was fine.  I am trying to be better at mixing pleasure with work.  In years past I have been terrible with this, so this year I am going to get home earlier, work hard during the week, and hopefully play on the weekend.

I was able to teach in Sunday School this week.  I forgot how much I love to teach Sunday School.  All Summer I have been teaching a career workshop.  It is fun, but there is something about teaching the masses and having lots of personalities to work with.  I team taught with another teacher.  He is a lot of fun to work with.  We usually have a lot of laughter in our lessons when we teacher together.  We discussed the stripling warriors and specifically covenants and how they apply to us.  I loved doing all the extra research. 

The little ones come on Tuesday, so pray that I can heard the cats patiently and not loose any!

Comments

Parental Units said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parental Units said…
Wear your tennis shoes.