The Final Week

I used my week wisely, because it was my last week of freedom before school starting.  All of the roommates are officially back as of this week and it is so nice to have everyone together.  Things tend to be boring with just one or two of us around.  There were multiple social interaction through out the week because so many people are moving out.  People get super sad and want to do as much as they can before leaving the complex.  I spent a lot of time during the week preparing for the weekend (getting things done like cleaning the apartment for checkouts). 

It was Carolyn's birthday and we spent most of the day doing different activities.  We started off with roommate breakfast.  The new Bourne movie came out and she wanted to see it so we went an afternoon showing.  Afterwards we went to the Pizza Factory and ended the night with cupcakes and friends, and late night chick flick on a big screen. 

Saturday I met up with some friends for breakfast.  They are in town for a while.  It is strange to be meeting up with friends from college that have moved away...you know your old when...

After the normal Saturday routine the roommates and I went to a stake activity at the local swimming pool and then to watch the meteor shower.  It was a little lacking in meteors.  That's okay...I still saw two.

I spent a large portion of my week working on the last papers of my first masters class.  I have portfolio that requires I write a lots of papers for the end of my masters to show progress.  I spent a lot of my week just writing it down, so that next week, all I need to do is edit my work and then turn it in.  I will have a short break before classes begin again in September.  I have really enjoyed my first class and am looking forward to the next ones.

On Monday, I am going to Education week.  I have never been.  I have heard that people love it and I am looking forward to experiencing it for myself.  Meetings also start next week.  I have two half day meeting to attend and then our contract days begin on Thursday and Friday.  It is hard to believe the Summer is almost gone.  I am excited to get going with new Kindergarten team and meet all the new kids.

Until next week.

Comments

Unknown said…
Who's on the new Kindergarten "Team"? Did Rigby leave? I'm so glad you get to have the Summer off...teachers are amazing!