Fall is in the air

Week two is over.  We had Monday off and it was nice to have some time off and not go into work.  Unfortunately, I didn't realized that master's classes started this week, so I spent Monday getting back on track with my study schedule. 

I am amazed at how much progress the kids have made in two weeks.  They are starting to understand routines and know what they can and can't do.  It is nice not having to remind them all the time.  Although I will be reminding them of things all year.  I had a funny one this week.  A little girl raised her hand in math and said, "Miss Kluver (yes the spelling is correct), my fish died last night.  I broke my heart."  I almost laughed, because it just sounded so funny.  I am still doing okay with leaving at a reasonable time, which is good for studying. 

The weather has been cooling off this week, which makes recess more pleasant.  I decided that the in between seasons (fall and spring) are my favorite. 

The biggest news of the week is that I got my first speeding ticket.  It is interesting to be on the wrong side of the law...about as much on the wrong side as you can get for speeding.  It was a lesson in slowing down not only in my driving, but in life.  It is a very expensive lesson. ;)  I also did some socializing this week and met new people in the ward.  We had a ward temple trip that was fun.  As I was going down the stairs, I followed an elderly couple.  My ankles pop really loud.  She turned to her husband and asked if that was her.  I piped up and said it was me.  It was super funny because her jaw dropped and she asked if it hurt.  Then she said I needed to drink more olive oil, so my joints would loosen up.  I chuckled at that one.  I also went to see a movie with a group of people. While I was there, I saw cousin Steph.  It was nice to catch up a little. 

That is all from me!

Comments