One week down!

Monday was our prep day.  The kids came on Tuesday and it was crazy!  Well, it wasn't crazy, crazy.  I feel that overall things went well.  There were no mishaps or trouble and they were actually good listeners all week.  I always forget how much we have to teach them at the beginning of the year.  I have to step back and remember that they are a blank slate when it comes to school and I have to teach them.  Like the bathrooms.  I think that is my least favorite thing to deal with at the beginning of the year.  It is so hard helping 23 little ones to remember where bathrooms are and to pay attention and go when you have to go. 

Wednesday and Thursday went smoothly, they were a little more chatty than day one, but I am hoping this kids well mesh together.  They seem to be a very chill group.  I was able to meet some of the parents at Back to School Night and I really like them.  I am always impressed with the caliber of parents that live in our area. 

The week was long feeling and so when Friday rolled around I was really grateful for it.  I went to a wedding reception of a girl I used to babysit.  I was kind of weird and I felt really old.  It was fun to see the other kids.  They have all grown up so much.  It is fun to see the changes over time.  Humans develop and change at an incredible rate compared to the time we spend on Earth.

Saturday it rained a lot, so I wasn't able to mow.  Thank goodness that Monday is a holiday.  I will be able to catch up with that and start studying for my next class.  I completely forgot that was starting.  I have read some of the material and I am already getting excited.  I feel the classes I am taking align with things I am concerned about in class and trying to fix.  These classes give me more direction. 

Probably the most interesting thing that happened was I bought I five pound bag of Gummy bears.  There was no reason...just that I wanted to and it was a really go price.  There were no funny stories that happened at school.  Just lots of smiles, which I will take any day.

Comments