Routines

I love it when life gets into a routine.  I was nicely surprised this week when my students decided to calm down and get into the swing of school.  It usually takes at least thirty days, but they decided to get it at day 14!  It makes my life so much easier.  The only story I have this week has to do with empathy of children.  I have been sick all week, so much so that I have lost my voice almost completely.  On the first day it was noticeable I had many students ask what happened to my voice; they responded with hugs and sorries.  All the rest of the week they would ask if my voice was back and when it wasn't there were more hugs and sorries.  I don't know what it is about children, but their love and empathy does soften the heart.

Master's classes continue to go well.  We are discussing creating curriculum and assessments for classes and it goes along perfectly with what I am trying to improve in my classroom this year.  I am very excited to see what we will talk about in my next class.  It is a little difficult to juggle things during the week, but like the title of my post, I am getting into a routine.

The only things of note this week, were watching Downton Abbey on Friday night as the roommates and I had a lamination cutting party.  And, today was the dedication of the Brigham City temple.  It was nice to watch the dedication and be apart of it, even if I could be at the temple.  Thanks goodness for technology.

Comments

kwistin said…
how appropriate that the temple president talked about routines/habits in the dedication! you're so on top of it. :) i'm sorry to hear you were sick, but glad that your students were so kindly! those are some interesting observations; thanks for sharing.