Fall Break!

There was only three days of school this week, because of Fall break.  It has been so nice to not have children begging for my attention all day.  Because of this I have had lots of success in completing projects.  I think one of my favorite things is crossing items off of my to do list.  It's a great feeling.

Thursday was dedicated to my list...hard core.  Friday and Saturday were much more relaxed.  The weather ended up cold and rainy, so I was not able to get up into the mountains.  I usually have the kids do a project with leaves every year and I have not be able to go up and get them.  I am going to settle this year for walking around Provo and finding leaves on trees.  Surprisingly, there is a good color and shape selection down in the valley, usually it is brown and dead.  It was also Homecoming week this week and both my roommates are the in the marching band, so I went to support them on Saturday.  It was a lot of fun standing on the side heckling them.  One roommate is so good at keeping a straight face, she would definitely give dad a run for his money.  The other roommate totally started laughing.  I think I have some of my dad's teasing gifts.

In other news...I am on my last week of one of my masters classes.  I have really enjoyed this one and feel like I need to take it again to have a chance to implement more in my classroom.  In a week or so the next class will begin, which will take me to the end of the year.  Time passes so fast.  Before I know it I will be a full master instead of a 1/3 master!

One of the things on my list has been to figure out my Halloween costume.  I am excited about this years.  I don't think it will top last years...I am not sure if I ever will.  I will try to remember to take a picture of it.  While searching for a costume idea, I realized there are a lot of fun possibilities now that my hair is getting longer.  It made me really excited for the future Halloweens.  You may be wondering why I am making such a big deal, well it is because the five year old children the costume is everything.  It is nice to get in touch with my inner child.

I have one more free day on Monday and then it is back to the grind.  The kids continue to make great progress and learn new things every day.

Comments