Oh life!

Monday was still apart of Fall break, so I took the time to get my Halloween costume together and it's official, I'm a gypsy.  I am super excited.  The kids probably won't get it, but I will look legit!  I always forget how much I like dressing up.  I guess some things we never grow out of. 

I had two half day meetings this week.  Both were interesting and I enjoyed both.  Unfortunately, I learned that because I said yes to one of the meetings I am now required to take on classwork.  So, I just added another credit to this semester of classes.  That brings the grand total to seven.  If I make it though it will be something to tell the grand-kids. :)  I am just really grateful that all my classes are worthwhile and I am implementing great practices as I go along.

The kids were a little crazy this week after having been gone for almost a week.  One thing I love about this years groups is they are really well behaved and there crazy is a very manageable crazy.  They are five and they still have five year old behaviors, but they are very chill about life and listening.  It's funny how every year it is so different and what works for one group may not work for another.  Funny stories of the week comes from one of my funny boys in the afternoon.  He was at the reading table with me and asks if he has to stay after school with me and he normally does for tutoring.  I told him yes is a super excited voice.  He responds by rolling his eyes and sayings, "Somebody get me a phone."  The second story comes from my afternoon class as well, but specifically the girls.  I was leaving for a meeting while they were coming in and all the girls were a buzz about my "two purses."  I just laughed because I had my purse and a laptop bag.  I have girly girls this year and it is hilarious.

By Friday I was exhausted and ready for a nap.  I didn't get one, but that's okay, because I was really productive.  It's what I do best.  A funny you know you're getting old when stories happened when I went to the temple.  I went to go a seal a daughter to her family on Saturday night.  I walked into the sealing room and there were the parents of a former student.  It was a little weird seeing them out of context, but in thinking about it, it's how it is supposed to be.  We all come from different walks of life and have our "worldly life", but we are all God's children and as such the temple life and the worldly life should be one.  

Any who...that's all from me.  Next week is our first field trip, it should be fun!

Comments