Round one of parent teacher conferences...check!

The focus this week was parent teacher conferences.  It is always nice to have a chance to sit down with parents and get a little more incite into their child.  As a random side note the book fair this time was awesome!  We usually have a book fair that happens at the same time and they had a great selection.  Let's just say I had a grand time purchasing books!  Another reason why I like parent teacher conference is because I enjoy showing parents how well their child is doing.  In kindergarten parents are pleased with everything and the students tend to make a lot of progress. 

I survived the week with my masters classes.  One bad thing about classes online is that you are still required to complete your work.  I worked ahead a little last week, so I was able to finish everything on time.  Time has passed so quickly.  My first class is almost over, so that means I will be starting up my second class of the semester.

I have decided that I need to start wearing running shoes to school.  Our school has decided to become a gold medal school, which basically means our kids are running so many miles every week.  This applies to kinder, so guess who gets her work out twice a day.  I really enjoy running with the kids.  It is so funny that young children can find fun in running.  Usually kids say it's boring or don't want to do it, but my kids seem to really enjoy running.  I have noticed as a teacher that once we come in they are more calm, but that could be that this year they are calmer in general.  It is also interesting to note who does well with the running and who struggles.  You can tell those that run and play outside and those that don't.  It's just interesting the things you can pick up by watching your students.

Fall break is next week and I plan on reading a book or two, finishing a couple of school projects, and hiking up in the mountains to collect Fall leaves for my class.  It has become a tradition for me to use fall leaves collected.  I am just excited to have  a chance to get up in the mountains again before the weather turn cold...well colder than it already is.

Other than the above mentioned items, I have been enjoying Conference and all the things I am learning and being reminded of.

Comments

Parental Units said…
Don't hike alone. Go with a buddy.