Birthdays!

This week I celebrated three birthdays.  It made for a crazy week.  Two were of friends and one was a student.  We did cupcakes with one friend and my roommate we went out to dinner.  My evening were more crazy than usual.  Usually I come home and study, but it was fun to spend time with adults.  I realized earlier this week that I am loosing my ability to communicate to adults.  This happens every year.  I spend all year talking to students in child/teacher language and Summer comes around and I have to reteach myself to talk to adults and then the cycle starts over again.

We are still struggling with bringing candy to school.  I told several students again to spit out their gum or suckers and I pick up wrappers everywhere.  I feel like my students have made a huge leap in the past week.  I have been worried, like I do every year, that they are not going to make the type of progress they need to, to be successful.  Well, this week they started applying all the strategies I have been trying to teach and things are fitting into place.  I will be interesting to watch them start moving.

Funny story of the week, well I think it is funny, happened to me.  On Friday I was in a panic, because I realized that I hadn't showed the other members on my team how to put grades in the computer.  So, I ran over to one of the teachers and was talking to her about it and she gives me a look of panic and said, "Are they due this weekend?"  I stopped and thought about it and she pulled out her paper and we realized that it wasn't until next week that grades are due.  So, I rushed for two weeks to get my assessing done and have everything put into the computer and I am done a week ahead of schedule.  So, it was a happy accident being ahead and I didn't even plan it.

I finished my homework early on Saturday, and so I celebrated by going to bed early.  I was fabulous!  Well, until next week.

Comments