Plenty to be Thankful For!

There is lots to be thankful for this week.  I feel this week was a week of hurdles.  So many of my students are finally putting the academics sides of school together and making the progress.  It always makes me nervous because we start major assessing in January and they need to be showing me some specific things.  They reading, writing, and math are coming along nicely.

I think I have mentioned this before, but along with my masters classes I am taking a math course put on by the district.  I have learned some really cool things from that class that I have had the chance to apply in my classroom.  It is so interesting to see just how far you can stretch their minds and what they can do.  I am enjoying both my classes.  I will be grateful when Christmas comes around because I don't have a Thanksgiving break with these classes.

My schedule is evening out.  I haven't changed how much I have to do, but I am finding the balance so I don't go crazy.  I am finding the power in waking up early...earlier than most.  I get up at 5:30 two or three days a week and go in so I am not staying until seven on those days.  I find that I am move faster in the mornings rather than after school.  Perhaps it is the pressure to get things done before my double dose kids come.  Which brings up something else I am thankful for.  I teach an extra tutoring session before and after school and those kids are starting to get excited about reading and math.  I was thinking about why I teach, because I get asked that question a lot and I think I have figured it out.  I chose to teach, because I love imparting knowledge on others.  I think of it like in some cultures how their histories and knowledge are handed down through the elders and that is kind of what I feel like.

Any who...I had a record breaking two dates in one weekend (mom and dad...don't get your hopes up).  It was very uncharacteristic.  Both were fun. 

Next week I will be flying to visit Erin in Washington.  I have never flown anywhere for the holidays, so this should be a grand adventure.  I am looking forward to seeing her and her knew place of work, and the area.  She always sends beautiful pictures of the places she takes her lunch break and it makes me jealous.

Have a great Thanksgiving week!

Comments

Parental Units said…
Dad wants some knowledge dropped on him. I just want something dropped on him.