Thanksgiving adventures!

It was a lovely short work week.  The kids were only there for two days and then we went on break.  I left early Wednesday morning for Washington to spend Thanksgiving with her.  I shall continue to give an account of our exploits.

Wednesday early afternoon was when I flew into Portland, but not before having a Seattle airport adventure.  I don't know how many of you have flown through Seattle, but the airport is huge and to get from one airline to the next you have to go an underground train system.  I had to weave back and forth to my flight.  Thank goodness I had an hour between flights.  Erin picked me up and took me to her work, because she had to finish out her day.  I went to the Washougal Public Library to study.  It was a very interesting library, typical for a small town.  Small towns have weird people in them.  There was a lot of interesting styles and personalities.

On Thursday we woke up and spent maybe an hour on our Thanksgiving meal and then enjoyed it.  I really kind of liked not having the Turkey meal stupor afterwards.  We took a driving tour of Portland and some of the scenic areas around.  We saw many things, but one of the cooler ones was the Bridge of the Gods.  There wasn't anything super special about it, just that it looked cool and it was rickety.
I really enjoyed all the bridges, because they were everywhere.  I had to pass over them constantly to get where you needed to.

Friday was our traveling day.  We went to Tillamook.  While there we saw the Cheese Factory and sampled some of there ice cream.  I learned that it takes 10 gallons of milk to make one pound of cheese.  That's a lot of milk.  I also decided that I did not want my high school to have the mascot of the Cheese Makers (that's the Tillamook high mascot).  We also did a drive by of the Air Museum, which was huge and swung into the jerky factory and had some jerky.  We then drove along the coast to the Tillamook jetty, which was a project that Erin worked on.  In true Washington fashion it was rainy and cold.  The ocean looked pretty awesome.
Saturday was the temple day.  We went to Portland to the temple and visitor center that was right next to it.  It was a lot of fun to experience the temple in a different state.  After that it was time to get on the plane to head home.  I made it through security with no lines no waiting.  Our flight was full with over 150 passengers including crying babies.  But, that's okay...I slept through it!  Funny experience on the flight.  The pilot came on and was giving us an update and told us how much time we had left.  He said that we would be arriving at our gate 17 minutes early and there was an audible gasp among the passengers.  That isn't something that normally happens on flights...way to be Delta.

After getting home, I caught up with Carolyn and then went to bed.  I was pretty tired from all the adventuring.  There aren't too many people back from the holidays so it is pretty quiet still.  They should start coming back in the next few hours.  We have three and a half weeks until Christmas break, so hopefully the kids can make it until them.

As for me...I'm going to go take a nap!

Comments

Meghann said…
Just wait until those crying babies are yours on the plane. I would rather be the one listening to someone elses baby crying.