A very quiet Christmas

Monday, a.k.a Christmas Eve, I started the day bright and early with dad.  I went with him to make some visits (to the pigs of course).  All I really have to say is they are still really big, and really smelly.  It had been a while since I have showered out of a barn, so it was a fun experience.  I do enjoy my time with dad a the farms, despite the smell, maybe in another life I will be a farmer...maybe.  That evening we had the usual family home evening and we, by we I mean mom and dad, invited neighbors.  It was nice to sit and chat and laugh. 

Christmas morning started nice and late.  It is becoming a new tradition to sleep in and not open presents until much later in the morning.  It's a far cry from waking up in the middle of the night to check out the stockings.  Eddie and his family came in as well and we spent the rest of the day chilling and listening to laughing girls.  

Thursday, I dedicated several hours to finishing up my second assignment.  This section ended up being about 12 pages long.  When everything is said and done with this culminating project at the end of my program, it's like a thesis, I am looking at about 50 pages.  That is a lot of pages.  Two down and one more to go before the break ends.  My project this coming week is to finish up part three of this section. 

Friday was a long day in St. George.  I discovered that when mom and dad go to the temple they go to the temple.  We did two sessions back to back.  I guess you're not hard, unless you live hard core.   It was a good experience and I am sure those waiting on the other side were appreciative of the extra couple of hours spent in the temple. 

Saturday I arrived home in one piece and to discover Provo received over a foot of snow.  I am hoping the sun will come out and melt the snow, so I can park in the parking lot. 

It is very quiet in Provo.  BYU does not start for another week.  It is mainly those of us from the area and those that have to work.  Unfortunately I fall into the last category.  Oh well, I guess that's what I get for growing up.

Have a Happy New Year!

Comments