Is it Christmas yet?

It was a bit hard coming back from the break for everyone at school.  The kids did well with the routines and remembering what we do.  Sometimes coming back from a break is hard because they don't remember what it is they are supposed to do.  Besides coming back from break it was a busy school week.  On Tuesday I taught a lesson for the math class I am taking in preparation for the Summer Seminar.  Other teachers came in to watch the lesson and we were able to meet after the lesson and talk about what went well and what did not go so well.  I had first year teachers come in again this week as well.  They just come and watch to see how a classroom should look with all the parts of the day included.  I found it really helpful my first year to watch a classroom and most of them seemed like the learned some things.  I also finished up the math assessments.  I really don't like administering them, because they take up so much teaching time, but it is interesting to see the results and where I need to go back and re-teach.

My masters class continues to go well.  I have two weeks left until the semester ends with that class and then I won't start up again until January.  I feel this class has gone by so quickly.  Then again, this time of the year does pass fast.

My weekend consisted of studying, cutting out reindeer antlers for a Christmas program, making toffee, and watching It's a Wonderful Life.  It had been a very long time since I had seen the movie and it was a good reminder of having gratitude for all I have.

I am going to finish off the week by attending the Christmas Devotional in Salt Lake City.  I am excited to go.  They always do a wonderful job and the lights on Temple Square are beautiful.

Comments