The gift that keeps on giving!

I will start off this weeks update with a funny story.  I have entitled this weeks blog to go along with the story.  At this time of year, teachers start getting gifts from students.  It is always exciting for them to hand something to their teacher.  Well, earlier this week I received my first gift.  It was a fruit basket minus the banana.  The mom walked in and apologized that the banana was missing.  This is what she said.  "We were half way hear when I heard from the back, here's my peal mom."  Apparently the student had opened the bag and taken out the banana for a snack.  I thought is was hilarious and so has everyone else I have shared it with.  Thus the title for this week's blog, laughter is the gift that keeps on giving.

The kids are getting more and more excited from Christmas each day.  Unfortunately, so does their levels of talking and general inability to focus on their tasks.  Every day they come in with stories of seeing Santa at the mall and getting to visit with him.  This year there is a new thing going around.  There is a story about an elf that plays tricks on the kids and watches to see if they are being good.  They bring back stories of being visited by their elf.  I had no idea what they were talking about until a roommate showed me the book.  It is a really cute idea.  One boy came in and blurted out that his elf had come and put all his underwear under the Christmas tree.  He was so proud of his story.  It is nice to know that some families have a sense of humor like our family.

I have also begun Christmas activities.  It is now legal since Thanksgiving is over and we have properly shown gratitude for all we have.  :)  It started with attending the Christmas Devotional on Sunday in Salt Lake.  The talks were wonderful and the music was beautiful.  We went to look at the lights on Temple Square, which is was a ton of fun.  Especially when the wind kicked up and the lighting and the rain came down.  I ended the evening with dropping my phone in the waters.  But don't worry if you drop it in water, just put it in rice.  It works like a charm.  I then went to a Christmas performance at the Orem and Provo Public Libraries on Monday.  We also had a ballet company come our school and perform part of the Nutcracker.  I need to watch it yet this year for Christmas and listen to the Messiah and then I think I will be happy.

My classes are coming to an end.  I finished up my math class this week.  I received an email saying I had completed everything I needed to in order to receive my credit and I said, "Awesome!"  This will be the last week for my master's classes and then I just need to work on my thesis project during the break, but hopefully that won't take to long.

I hope the Christmas spirit has got a hold of you and you are enjoying the time with family and friends.

Comments