Everybody should have an easy week now and then!

If I was ever to have an easy week, this would be the one.  Usually I am running all day six days a week, but this week was relatively relaxing.  While I may not like one of my classes for my masters the work load is significantly less than previous classes.  This time of year gets crazy at work, so it is nice to not have more to do.  I am almost done testing my kids for the DRA and this coming week we will start the NWEA testing, which is a computer based progress test.  I am also gearing up for parent teacher conferences.

We only had four days of school this week, because of the holiday.  It didn't seem to bother the kids too much and really they were doing well with remembering the rules.  We have struggled a little coming back from Christmas.  Again, that is something common.  One thing that really excited me this week was that my students are starting to figure out how to write a nonfiction text, basically a report.  We have been working on collecting information about different topics and then writing it cohesively.  It has taken them a while to pick it up, but they actually started helping me more this week, which was very exciting, because it is so hard for them to do.

This week I also went and bought fabric to make a skirt.  I have a friend that is going to try to teach me.  She said her pattern is really easy, but I will be the judge of that!

Have a great week!

Comments