What is the weather thinking!

I am not sure what is going on with the weather, but we need some warmer temperatures.  We have been in the teens all week, which means we have indoor recess.  The kids love it, but there is something to be said for being able to run around and yell outside.

It was a pretty basic week.  I am back into the swing of things with both schools.  I started testing my students this week for the reading levels, and they have done well so far.  I am always impressed by how much they learn, so fast.  So often they come only knowing a few letters and a couple of sounds and in a six months they are reading.  Their little minds learn so fast.  I wish I was more like them in my ability to learn.

My "come back from break and get sick" is almost officially gone.  It wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I didn't loose my voice so that was nice.

I have had a couple of interesting experiences this week dealing with taking a stand.  My current class for my masters is good, but...I have an issue with it.  I am discovering that the education system is very liberal.  The class I am in is taking a stance on multicultural education that to put it lightly stresses things that are against my personal beliefs.  It is interesting trying to be nice to people, while still sticking with my beliefs.  The other event is the one I am most proud of.  Our parking is terrible (they recently redid the parking system that decreases the amount of space we have to drive), but the compacted snow is making it even worse.  A few of us put together a letter to petition the management to take care of the parking and make some positive changes.  We are going to take it around the the tenants and have them sign in support.  It has been an interesting exercise in being civil and making a clear argument for what I believe is right to make changes.  I am interested to see what happens with it.

I will continue to work on assessments and class assignments in order to be able to enjoy the long weekend, which I am super excited for!

Comments