Another week down.

We had another busy week at school.  It seems like the the first several months of the year are crazy!  This week was no exception.  We began the week with our Title 1 collaboration presentation.  Not a big deal, but it is one of those things that is a quiet stress.  We also had testing this week with the kids, which they do on the computer.  On Wednesday and Thursday of this week parent teacher conferences were after school.  I totaled it up and I worked 26 hours in two days.  By Friday my brain was mush.  It was kind of humorous to walk around the school and see the rest of the teachers in a zombie state.  I was grateful for a meeting the last half of my Friday.  Through it all I managed to stay healthy and I did not loose my voice, which usually happens.  I talk all day and then for four hours straight with parents.

My big kids class is wrapping up.  I only have two more weeks and then it will be done.  It surprised me that the end was so close.  I feel January has gone by quickly.  That is much the case for life in general.  The older I get (because I am so old!) the faster time flies.  I was really grateful for the warmer weather.  I kind of had a laugh, when we reached 35 degrees and I thought, "Man I don't need a jacket...this is so warm!"  It lasted just long enough for me to finally give my kids their double recess, which I have owed them for almost two months, but I haven't been able to give it, because of the cold weather.  By Friday we were back to snow, but luckily it is really wet, which is easy to drive in.

This week was also a landmark week.  We had our 100th day of school.  The kids loved it, because we do lots of fun, different activities.  The teachers love it, because that means we are more than half over with the school year!  Not that I count down to Summer...

Any who...this will be another fun week with Valentine's Day.  Funny story. love is blossoming in my classroom.  A little girl gave a Valentine to another boy in the class and the next day he brought her one.  It was the cutest thing ever.  I think of all the holidays Valentine's Day is my favorite to celebrate with the kids. Although St. Patrick's is the most fun, because I get to play tricks on the kids and they totally believe it is Lenny our classroom leprechaun.

Well that is all for this week.  Happy Valentine's Day!  

Comments