New Beginnings!

The week was filled with goodbyes and change.  I guess the best place to start is at school.  The week went quickly.  I only have a couple of students left to be tested and that I am officially 50 percent complete with testing.  I have a week break and then we will start the other half of testing.  As a grade level team we were discussing how quickly the school year is coming to an end.  It is coming quickly.

I had a break from my masters classes, which was nice because everything else was happening.  On Friday the parents came up and helped me purchase my first car.  It was really nice; all I had to do was write the check and they took care of everything else. It is a really nice car, at least a lot nicer than I am used to driving.  My only complaint is the radio...it is way to fancy (you shouldn't need a manual a half an inch thick to understand how to use it).

Saturday was moving day.  I was very tempted to burn all my possessions and live off the land with as little as possible, like Thoreau.  I am not sure how I accumulated so much in the past four years, but I can no longer put all my belongs in the back of the truck.  My new place is nice, but it does not have as much storage as my last complex.  I am going to have to get creative in how or store everything...or burn all of my possessions...one of the two.

It was hard to say goodbye to roommates that I have lived with for several years and in the case of Carolyn almost eight years.  It feels weird to branch out and do it alone.  It is a good exercise in getting out of my comfort zone.

As far as fun...I went up to the Living Planet Aquarium with Tim to check it out before we take the kids on Tuesday for our field trip.  They have some really fun sea creatures.  It always amazes me the variety of animals the Lord has created.  On Friday Tim had the pleasure of meeting the parents and going out to dinner with us.  I would give dad an 'A' for effort in being good.  I was pleased/relieved.

Comments