Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all those you are mothers.  Being in a singles ward, we don't have too many mothers.  

Speaking of my new ward...it is really small.  We will have about 60 people for spring and summer.  Usually we have to make up callings for people so that everyone has a job, but today they were giving people two and three callings.  I haven't experienced that since living in Nebraska.  And speaking of callings...I have a new calling.  I am now the activities co-chair.  It should be fun, but I am a little worried about coming up with ideas, because I am great at the execution of ideas, not so much with the coming up with them.  Everyone in the ward is really nice and they seem down to Earth.  I am not around as much as I would like, but that is what I get for working full time.  

The count is 13 days left of school, but really it is only 10 because the last week really doesn't count.  It was a really exciting week at school.  I completed most of my one on one testing with my students.  I am hoping to finish up by Tuesday, so I can enter everything in the computer.  I also finished teaching our preschool and kindergartners the dance for our end of year festival.  We will have 142 kids on the field at one time.  I am excited to see how they do.  Friday was the most exciting day.  Our school carnival was that evening, so they were blowing up the bouncy houses during recess and the kids loved it.  We also talked about mammals this week and we had a visitor, well two visitors come in.  It was a lot of fun to watch the kids.  The picture below documents the awesomeness of kindergarten!




My favorite part of the school week was the pudding toss at the carnival.  Every year the main attraction is the event where students get to do things to the teachers.  This year there was a pudding toss at the teachers.  I was smart this year and brought a bandanna and I tried to save my clothes, but I had two call backs after I had taken off my protection, because some of my kids didn't get a chance to through pudding. 

Tim and I went sailing on Saturday morning with some friends.  I was a little terrified at first, but thank goodness Tim picks things up fast, so all I had to do was sit in the middle of the boat and duck when the sail switched sides.  Overall it wasn't bad, and I think I would do it again...I think.

Next week should be a busy one...until then!


Comments

Parental Units said…
I'm sure you had your life preserver on while sailing and ducking.