Of early mornings and late nights!

Whirlwind is how I would describe this week.  There was a lot happening and I feel like I was all over the place.  Monday started very early in the morning.  A friend who is also a teacher celebrated her birthday at 5:30 in the morning before she went to work.  A group of us went to Denny's and had breakfast together.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday were at school working on various projects with my grade level team.  That will continue into this week.  I should have taken picture of it, but our literacy curriculum map is AMAZING!  As I was printing it off, I had to laugh because it was typical of a kinder teacher (the units are divided into the colors of the rainbow).  Wednesday I went to a family BBQ with Tim's family and met a couple of his sisters in law and most of his nieces and nephews.  It had been a long time since I had, had a chance to just play with kids instead of teaching them. I played princess with the girls...imaginations are wonderful.

I spent some time with Carolyn, went to cousin Steph's baby shower, went visiting teaching, and I finished my week with a visit to Manti.  Every summer the city of Manti does the Mormon Miracle Pageant.  It is fun to be there in the crowds because there were thousands there.  Tim and I went early to look around a bit at the historical sights.  It was interesting looking around and seeing how they lived.  It made me very grateful to have all my modern conveniences.  Here is a picture of the temple lit up at night.  FYI the pageant is right next to the temple so the scenery is on the hill of the temple.


My masters class officially ended this week.  Unfortunately I need to spend my week off working on my major project, because I have to implement it in the first month of school.  In short the summer needs to be longer because I am not sure I will have much of a break.  I guess that's life.

Comments