Schools out for Summer!

It was a great week, crazy, but great.  We did not have school on Monday, which was great!  I ended up hiking up in the mountains with a group of friends.  Apparently, Memorial day is a very popular day for hiking, because the rest of Utah Valley was out hiking as well.  After hiking on Monday, our group did a BBQ/cookout.  There was not actual BBQ involved.

Tuesday and Wednesday we had all our student come in the morning to practice for the dance festival and then to perform for the parents.  Our kids did great. They are just so cute!  Tuesday was also our field day, which was an adventure.  I am not sure if you follow Pleasant Grove weather, but it rained.  So, we scrambled to put everything inside and then to find some non-water activities, because of the change in location.  I was ready for bed by the time the kids left on Tuesday. 

Thursday was the last day of school.  The kids came for an hour and a half and then we sent them off for the Summer.  You would think that my life would slow down not having to plan and work with the kids, but I feel like life has been even busier than usual.  Perhaps it is everything that I have been putting off until the end of school. 

Activities this week included visiting teaching, two soccer games, a niece's baptism, meeting some friends of Tim from Texas, and squeezing in some studying.

I am hoping life will slow down next week after the seminar.  It should be fun, but I have decided that if the district asks me to teach anything next year I am saying no.  It is a lot of work and I would rather just sit and listen to something another person has prepared.  I also want to get back into running.  That would be fabulous if I could do that as well!

Comments