The last week in June...what?!

The Summer has flown by.  I feel like it is coming to an end soon, because July is the last month full month we have off.  August is just around the corner.  Enough of that sadness.  My week is best described by the look of my planner...messy (scheduling wise).  There were a lot of scratched out and rescheduled events and  lots of things happening.

I should start off with Sunday.  Shortly after I posted last week, I left for the World Wide Leadership Training.  One of the perks of living in Utah is we have the chance to go to live sessions.  Below is a pictures of the Marriot Center.  On the stand on the left is 11 of the Quorum of the Twelve and behind them is the missionary choir.  It was an impressive sight to behold.  There were missionaries EVERYWHERE!


Monday was Tim's birthday, so I made him breakfast and that was all we had for, because we were very busy that day.  I spent all day working on my final project...that is how I spent my week.  I also finished up all our team collaboration which we used for planing literacy and math for next year.  I was worried we wouldn't finish it, but we were able to get everything we needed to done and then some.  

Despite the craziness of work and school I managed to fit in dinner with an old roommate.  It is nice to catch up with people.  I also fit in two baseball games and an ultimate frisbee game.  They were Tim's of course.  I just cheer.  I had never been to an ultimate frisbee game, the rules seem simple enough that I could play it...if I could throw a frisbee, which I can't, so I will settle for cheering.  I also managed to slip into the temple before it closes for the next month.  Twice a year the Provo temple closes for extensive cleaning.  It is amazing how crowded the other temples become when one temple closes down.

The week ended with a combined ward activity that we meaning my committee was in charge of.  It was fun, but I was really tired.  I also had the chance to teach the Relief Society lesson.  It has been a while since I have been able to "preach the word" so to speak.  I really enjoyed teaching about visiting teaching, because it is something I have a testimony of.

Next week should be a little calmer, but full of adventure with the fourth of July and the great nation in which we live!

Comments