Home again...at least for a week!

I spent this week at home playing mom.  Not much mothering needed to be done, just cooking and cleaning. That is pretty much how I spent my week.  I was able to help out a lot with the cleaning.  I also cook a meal every day and only had one mishap.  Not that I am a bad cook...I am just not used to cooking so much.  Because it is just me, I cook one meal and eat it for the week.  I am more meals this week than I make in a month for myself.  Thank goodness mom came up with the menu, because I struggle with coming up with things to eat.

A highlight of my week was my Walmart workout.  I call it that for two reasons.  The first and most obvious is that I circled the store a countless number of times trying to find everything on the list.  Walmarts are all pretty much the same, but they are so different!  The second reason is well, pushing a cart around the store with six gallons of milk is a real workout!

Another highlight was the rain we had every night.  We don't usually get that much rain up in Provo, not that it is a lot of rain.  It messed up dad a couple of times, because he couldn't do his yard work.  That's okay, because he and mom were able to introduce to me "McHale's Navy" which is a very old TV show.  I had never heard of it, because it was rather humorous.  Sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about what you are watching.

I went back home on Saturday and reached home by noon.  It was a good thing that I came back so early, because I had been thinking all week that I was going to be able to run into work for a couple of days next week to finish up somethings before they close the school to clean the floors.  Well, I was on my way to the library when I realized the date and that Saturday was my last day to get into the school before it shut down.  I am glad I remembered, because it saved me a lot of stress and worry next week.

 As of right now I don't have any plans for next week besides finishing up a major portion of my homework load.  Hopefully, I can cook up something fun to do!

Comments

Parental Units said…
Yes Whitney, pushing a grocery cart with 6 gallons of milk makes the cart very heavy, but try pushing a cart loaded with 10 gallons of milk plus everything else to feed a hungry family of 6 during the week. :)